Fran looks at things from an energetic perspective. She believes that sometimes we unconsciously give our body messages and that we may be asking it to hold onto our weight for a reason. She has great insights about this to share. For a teaser, have a read of her recent blog, Are You Learning to Trust Your Body?
What I can share from a nutritional perspective is that food is not simply calories, or energy, that you have to burn or else gain or hold on to weight. The long-term failure of the “eat less, exercise more” approach to weight loss is evidence that there must be something more complicated going on. The fact is food is so much more than just energy. It is information! It is a message to our body to do something and it changes the way in which our genes express themselves. Our body has intelligence and responds to the information we are giving it. If you are resistant to weight loss there is likely something deeper going on that needs to be uncovered. It is not just that you don’t have enough will power and are lazy and there are some solutions out there for you.
So what basic things do you need to take care of and understand first to move forward with weight management and weight loss?
- First, understand that a temporary fix isn’t going to work. Whatever method you use, in the end you are going to have to create a new lifestyle that manages your weight rather than just going on a diet and returning to your old habits.
- Overall health has to be part of your goal. There are unhealthy weight loss approaches out there that can help you shed pounds in the short term but in the long run they do more harm than good. Any program that involves eating highly processed foods is going to be counter-productive.
- You need to be exercising regularly. Our body was designed to move and we need that activity to function properly.
- Factors other than food and exercise can be at play. (More evidence that the energy in/ energy out formula doesn’t work and that lifestyle solutions are key.) Stress, sleep, pharmaceuticals and toxins can all play a part as can our habits and programming.
- Everyone is different because we each have different genes and different lifestyles, which impact our nutritional requirements. You are going to need to find out what works for you and your body may need additional support in certain areas to function optimally.
Fran and I have so much more we want to share and so we’ve decided to come together to share this information in a workshop on Saturday October 13th: Unlock Weight Loss – Little Known Keys that Open the Door to Your Success. We’ll be taking a deeper dive into some of the areas that we find are in the way of success for our clients when they have found weight loss to be unattainable or unsustainable. We are really excited for this collaboration and can’t wait to share what we know.
So if you are you curious about why you don’t seem to be able to lose weight and why it is a constant struggle;
If you’d like to understand more about why some people seem to lose weight easily but when you follow the same program, nothing seems to work;
If you’ve been counting your calories and try to get in shape and find that still nothing seems to shift;
If you have a difficult time sticking to a program at all and feel like you fail over and over, seeming to sabotage yourself;
Then consider joining Fran Gallaher and me on Saturday October 13th to find out if we can help you Unlock Weight Loss! Early bird pricing applies until Saturday October 6th so get your ticket now for just $67 (reduced from $77) for this information packed afternoon.