It’s is crucial when you are implementing a healthy lifestyle that you can really sustain, that you are not continually thinking about all the things you are missing. Focus instead on food quality and moderation so that you can actually enjoy the things you think of as treats. Here’s a yummy recipe for chocolate truffles that includes nutritious ingredients, no nasty chemicals and they taste really good!
Healthy Chocolate Truffle
1/4 cup Coconut Oil (can also use butter)
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (organic, not whipped yet)
1 1/4 cups 70% or higher dark chocolate chips
Essential oils of almond, orange, mint, lavender or other (food grade)(optional)
Nuts, toasted coconut, and cocoa powder (optional)
1. Melt the coconut oil (or butter) and heavy cream in a pan and bring to a strong simmer
2. Pour the chocolate in a medium sized bowl and pour the hot oil/cream mixture over the chocolate
3. Stir slowly with a whisk to incorporate until chocolate is completely melted.
4. Add 2-3 drops of mint, lavender, almond, orange or other essential oil (food grade) if you want to
5. Put bowl in fridge for a couple of hours
6. When the chocolate mixture is firm, remove the bowl from the fridge and using a spoon or melon spoon, scoop out small amounts of the chocolate mixture.
7. Roll into 1 inch balls using your hands and then roll in cocoa powder.
8. Can also drizzle with more melted chocolate and coat with toasted coconut, finely ground nuts, orange zest, etc.
9. Enjoy… a lot!